If you have received a notice of claim, a demand for compensation, a request for records, a request for deposition or are served with a lawsuit, contact Capson Claims Support immediately by:
- Calling us at 1-888-630-2742, or
- Faxing a copy of the claim notice or lawsuit to us at 512-609-7909, or
- Emailing the claim or lawsuit to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
In addition to sending faxes or emails, the original claims or notice should be sent by mail to 2901 Via Fortuna, Suite 510, Austin, Texas 78746.
WHAT TO REPORT
Your Capson policy requires that you notify us immediately if you have a claim filed against you. Please contact Capson Claims Support as soon as you are aware of a claim or if you receive any of the following:
- Demand for compensation. Any written communication from a patient or from a third party on behalf of a patient that seeks monetary payment or other compensation because of an injury arising out of a medical incident.
- Lawsuit. If you are served with a citation and petition, Capson has a very limited amount of time to respond to the documents and retain defense counsel. If it is determined that coverage applies, the defense team will file an answer on your behalf.
- Request for records. A patient or someone on their behalf (including an attorney) may request his/her medical records from a • physician. Any requests for medical records should have the patient’s authorized signature or should be legally authorized by someone representing the patient or by the patient's legal representative. It is important to respond in a timely fashion to any requests for medical records.
- Request for Deposition. A request for deposition can be in the form of a served subpoena for oral deposition or it may come directly from an attorney. Please contact Capson immediately if you are served with a subpoena for deposition, either for you or for another healthcare provider. A deposition may become part of a claim and proper representation is needed from the very start.